Let’s face it – we all could use a little more storage space. Here are few fun ideas to satisfy our needs.
Multipurpose Coffee Table: If you have a single surfaced coffee table, you could double your space by replacing it with one that has compartments, or one with a second shelf which you can add matching baskets to for more storage.
Adding shelves to your walls gives you a place to display pretty vases, photo frames, knick-knacks, and such without taking up more tabletop space. If you have closets with high ceilings, you can also add some shelves in there for more out of sight storage.
Wicker baskets can help with storage issues in every room and always look great! A large basket in the living room or bedroom can store extra blankets and pillows. Small ones in the bathroom can hold make-up, hair, and body products.
Shoe Organizers can hold so much more than just shoes. Hang one on the back of a door and fill it cleaning products, arts and crafts, stuffed animals, toiletries, hair products, gardening tools… there is nearly no limit!
Check out your local thrift shops and neighborhood garage sales for more prime storage items that you can easily refresh with ReColor:
- Coat racks
- Old galvanized pails for fun storage options both inside and outside the home.
- Apple/fruit crates to store towels, blankets, shoes at the front door, board games, videos, music…
- Bedside tables with drawers or cabinet can help unclutter your room.
- Old-fashioned leather suitcases make for great storage compartments that also look great on display. A quick wipe down with ReColor will restore the leather making them look good as new. Then fill them, stack them, and display!
- Easily transform a small old utility cart into a portable Craft Cart.
- Clear shoeboxes can be labeled with its contents while keeping everything in its place.
- A hanging shoe rack will also hold a multitude of kid’s items.
- Convert their old changing table into a bookshelf and toy chest. Remove the mattress and add books to the top and a few baskets on the bottom shelf to house their stuffed friends, games, and toys.
Look Under the Bed for more space.
- Long flat storage boxes fit under most beds.
- Rolling storage shelves are great if you need regular access.
- If your bed sits too low, you can buy inexpensive lifts to gain more space.